UPLIFT YOUR LEADERSHIP IN ECONOMICS FOR POLICY
YOUR GATEWAY TO THE LATEST RESEARCH ON ECONOMICS, POLICY AND LAW IN AUSTRALIA
Upskill on the latest research, practical economic frameworks and tools for policymaking with Mandala's Executive Education.
Competition Economics, Policy and Law
Competition is at the forefront of many policymakers minds in Australia today. Hear from Australia’s thought leaders on competition, including Andrew Leigh MP, Rod Sims AO, Economist and former Chair ACCC and Liza Carver, Commissioner ACCC, alongside core lecturer Dr Adam Triggs.
Economics for Policymakers
This course teaches practical economic tools and frameworks to think about and solve the big policy challenges we face today. Hear from Professor Jenny Gordon, Centre for Social Research and Methods, ANU's Professor Shiro Armstrong and Jason McDonald, First Assistant Secretary at the Australian Treasury.
Macroeconomics for Policymakers
The research on macroeconomics and its impacts on Australia's own economic settings has evolved substantially with new datasets and methodologies. Hear from Professor Warren McKibbin, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, ANU Professor Shiro Armstrong and Australia's G20 Sherpa Dr Angelia Grant.
Dr. Adam Triggs
Learn from leading researchers on the impact of competition on the economy, consumers, businesses and the community
- PhD Economics, Bachelor of Laws
- Non-resident fellow, Brookings
- Visiting fellow, ANU Crawford School
- Partner at Mandala
- Former head of Canberra office, AlphaBeta
- Former economic advisor to Minister for Competition
- Former advisor at PM&C and ACCC
- Columnist, Fairfax papers
Competition Economics, Policy and Law, Semester 1, 2024
Competition Economics, Policy and Law - Upcoming Course
Join us in person in Canberra for eight practical and insightful sessions across two days in late Semester 1, 2024. The course is an opportunity to interrogate how to lift competition in Australia with Australia's leading experts on Competition, Policy and Law.
COURSE FEE & DETAILS
- 2 day intensive in Semester 1 2024
- All meals and welcome/wrap-up drinks included
- Hosted at Kambri on the ANU campus
- Underground parking available ($13 per day)
- $2990 (Exc GST)
Adam is an exceptional communicator with deep and relevant knowledge of competition economics, policy, and law. An engaging and insightful course.
Participant in Competition Law, Policy and Economics Couse
Meet our course lecturers
Hear from Australia’s thought leaders on competition, policy and law.
Dr. Adam Triggs
A non-resident fellow at the Brookings Institution, a visiting fellow at the ANU Crawford School as an accomplished economist & policy expert.
The Hon. Andrew Leigh MP
- Assistant Minister for Competition, Charities and Treasury
- Assistant Minister for Employment
- Former Professor of Economics
Rod Sims AO
- Professor at Australian National University
- Former Chair of the ACCC
- Former Director at Port Jackson Partners
- Commissioner, ACCC
- Former Partner at Herbert Smith Freehills
- Joint Global Practice Head - Competition, Ashurst